Considering a breast reduction? You’re not alone. Many women feel that their health and quality of life would be positively impacted by reducing the size of their chest. Breast reduction surgery can be performed to resolve a variety of issues, both physical and mental. Here at Mira Aesthetic Medical Center & Spa, we are proud to offer this cosmetic option to our patients and encourage you to learn more about it.
Reasons to Consider a Breast Reduction
There are several types of problems that can be resolved by reducing the size of the breasts. The most common ones are:
- Improving a poor self-image that stems from having larger breasts
- Treating chronic back, neck, and/or shoulder pain
- Reducing limitations to physical activities due to the size of the breasts
- Reducing difficulty in finding clothing that fits
- Treating a chronic rash underneath the breast area
Signs You May Need a Breast Reduction
You may be unsure whether or not your breasts are impacting your life in a negative way. On top of asking yourself if you struggle with any of the above issues, you can ask yourself the following questions:
- Has your posture changed? This may be due to your body compensating for the weight of your breasts.
- Have you noticed a decrease in nipple sensitivity? This can be caused by the strain of the weight of the breast on the nerves there as well.
- Do you seem to sweat a lot underneath your breasts? This can be a direct result of the size of the breasts.
Who is a Good Candidate for Breast Reduction Surgery?
If you feel your life is negatively impacted by the size of your breasts, it is worth considering having this procedure done. A full medical history is needed to determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure.
For further information on what a breast reduction could do for you, feel free to reach out and make an appointment with Mira Aesthetic Medical Center & Spa! At our convenient location in Costa Mesa, our devoted staff of friendly professionals will be happy to explain the process in full and answer any questions you may have. Contact us today to set up your consultation!